Smart & Caring Community Campaign
In 2013, ACF decided to take on the Governor General’s challenge to help build a “smart and caring nation” as Canada approached it’s 150th birthday by making a commitment to support programs that help children & families at risk in our community. We renamed our community granting endowment fund to the Smart & Caring Community Endowment Fund and in 2016 launched our Smart & Caring Golf Classic to help grow the capital of the fund.
Making a Difference
Since the inception of this challenge, ACF has granted over $500,000 to local Abbotsford charities for their programs that support children and families at risk. Some of the programs that have received our support are:
- Sending 50 children to the Abbotsford Food Bank’s soccer camp,
- Funding the Youth Commission’s nutrition program,
- Making it possible for children to take music lessons at Bakerview Music Academy,
- Supporting the Salvation Army’s Camp Sunrise,
- Funding counselling for at risk children and their families in crisis through the Abbotsford Restorative Justice & Advocacy Association, and
- Backing the Starfish Pack program, which provides 263 children with food for the weekend during the school year, totalling over $90,000 of grants to this program specifically since 2014.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
Our community grants are funded from the income of our Smart and Caring Community Fund. We are actively working to grow the capital of this fund so we can provide more grants in perpetuity to our charity partners. We can’t do this without you! Please consider becoming a regular donor through our monthly giving option. You can specifically help fund the Starfish Packs through a monthly gift of $45 for 12 months. Click on the Donate Now button to sign up!
If you are a local business, please consider becoming a designated Smart & Caring Company with the ACF to support this fund. Click here: 40yr Smart&Caring Companies for more details and contact Wendy Neufeld at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to sign up.