- To support the immediate and intermediate needs of those affected in Abbotsford by the floods
- To support the organizations that have assisted the residents of Abbotsford who have been affected the floods
- To support the ongoing needs of the aftermath of the flooding.
AGENCY ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Funds are available to organizations with a charitable registration number or are a registered not for profit organization. For NPOs, an agency agreement will be required.
- Funds are available to organizations who have either directly supported residents who have been negatively affected by the flooding and/or will be provide supports/funding to those who have been negatively affected by the flooding.
THE FUND WILL NOT COVER:
- Community events where a profit is being made by the organization
- Projects that require adherence to a specific faith
- Initiatives that would result in double recuperation of funds (for example for items or services covered by insurance)
- Projects with political activities
- Research projects
THE FUNDS WILL COVER THE FOLLOWING (NON-EXHAUSTIVE):
- Providing meals, housing and other necessities to flood evacuees and first responders.
- Providing rescue efforts for evacuees and livestock.
- Providing mental health supports to those affected by the flooding and rescue efforts
- Transportation expenses not covered through other funding. This includes transportation of people, livestock and shipment of necessities to evacuees.
- Cover actual expenses that are not covered through other funding ( eg: Insurance deductibles)
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT OF FUNDING AVAILABLE?
Funding amounts will vary depending on amount of funding available as well as the needs of the organization requesting funds.
Funds available will be distributed on a need basis with approval from the Grants Committee and Board of the Abbotsford Community Foundation.
PROCESS & TIMELINE:
The process for funding decisions aims to strike a balance between a complex set of needs: (a) the need for transparency and openness), (b) the need for a rapid response to new and evolving conditions, and (c) the need for due diligence and accountability.
This is a rolling grant application with decisions being made weekly. The application for this funding opportunity opens Monday, November 29th, 2021, and closes when available funds have been depleted.
All applicants will be notified of either an approval or decline.
Final Summary Report: To include impact and outputs along with a complete financial reconciliation, submitted at the end of your project/program. There may be a requirement for additional evaluation reporting. Requirements of this reporting would be shared as soon as possible, and ACF staff will provide support as appropriate. Funding will be available to ‘qualified donee organizations’ (see CRA definitions) providing services throughout the Province. Applicants who do not have a charitable number will require an Agency Agreement.
CONDITIONS FOR FUNDING:
Applications cannot request funds to cover the same costs of activities for which they have applied for support from another source of funding. The application process will ask organizations to disclose if they are receiving government funding or funding from other sources.
All funding recipients must sign a Funding Agreement that includes the following conditions:
- Funds will be used for the program/project as approved by ACF;
- All funds received from ACF must be expended during the timeframe specified by the grant;
- Written approval will be required from designated ACF staff prior to any funding, operational, and/or timeline changes to the original approved proposal;
- A Final Report will be submitted (templates will be provided)
- ACF’s support will be acknowledged in all communication and promotional materials pertaining to this program/project.