Special thanks to our presenting sponsor:
Indigenous Reconciliation Award Sponsor
Education & Literacy Sponsor
Community Wellness Award Sponsor
Youth (Under 24) Award Sponsor
Newcomer Award Sponsor
As one of the most generous communities in Canada, what better place to celebrate philanthropy than in Abbotsford!
This year’s National Philanthropy Day Luncheon is scheduled for Wed Nov 15th at the Abbotsford Sports Legacy Banquet Hall. Tickets are just $25 or $200 for a Table of 8. You can buy your tickets here. We are now halfway to selling out!
This year, we’re changing it up it be more inclusive, more community focused, and more welcoming to all types of philanthropy. For us, it’s not the size of the gift but the size of the heart with which the gift is given, that matters. Everyone who gives – whether they volunteer or donate – is a philanthropist. And every philanthropist has a story that inspires them to give. We’ll feature a special mocktail for all our guests, along with opportunities to celebrate their own roles as philanthropists, and provide an array of speakers who will be sharing their giving stories. We hope you’ll join us to celebrate generosity in our community.
Philanthropy in Action Award Nominations are Now Open
As part of this year’s celebrations, we also want to shine a spotlight on the local individuals who are giving back and strengthening their communities through service and giving. This is a wonderful time to reach out to the donors and volunteers whose giving hearts positively impact your organization’s mission. We encourage you to nominate individuals who are going above and beyond to help their community, be it superstar volunteers or inspiring donors, for a Philanthropy in Action Award.
This year we’ve updated things a little bit. Because we believe every act of giving should be celebrated, every accepted nomination is an automatic award winner, making this a non competitive awards process. We’ve also changed from the formal categories to sector champions. Donors and volunteers in each sector can be nominated for their work in specific sectors. We’ve also simplified our nomination process to support the recognition of the often unsung philanthropists in our midst.
All nominations are due October 1, 2023. Nominators and nominees will be advised of the acceptance of their nomination by October 16, 2023.
Before Submitting a Nomination:
- Only non profit organizations (including charities, Indigenous governing bodies, public and independent school districts, and the City of Abbotsford) or representatives of non profit organizations, can submit a nomination.
- Anyone can be nominated so long as they are a resident or based in Abbotsford. This includes individuals, groups, and businesses, that have been instrumental in the success of a non profit organization.
- Non profit organizations can submit up to 3 separate nominations each.
- Inform your nominee(s) that you have chosen to nominate them for this award, request their consent to put their name forward, and share your nomination submission with them to ensure they know the information prior to the event.
- Ensure they are available to attend on Wednesday, November 15th from 11:30-1:00pm.
- For group nominations, confirm a contact person for any communication related to the event.